Have you ever used a fake ID? It’s okay, you can tell us. I promise we won’t rat you out. The same cannot necessarily be said for everyone involved in the fake ID card empire built by two teenagers in the new Canadian Netflix comedy series Fakes, streaming Friday, September 1.
The series follows best friends Zoe and Rebecca as they create a fraudulent business plan to supply their friends and peers with fake identification cards so they can buy beer and whatever else teens are into these days.
Throughout the show, Fakes presents wildly different versions of events as we see how this empire rose (and eventually crashed) from each character’s perspective. Whose version of events—Rebecca or Zoe’s— is closer to the truth?
Emilija Baranac and Jennifer Tong lead the cast alongside Richard Harmon, who plays their go-between Tryst. Find out who else stars in the new comedy and where you might have seen some of the cast members before.
Fakes cast: Who plays who in the comedy series?
The main characters, Zoe Christensen and Rebecca Li, are played by actresses Emilija Baranac and Jennifer Tong, respectively. You might recognize Baranac from Netflix’s To All the Boys trilogy, where she played Genevieve.
She also recurred on Riverdale as Midge Clump and appeared in an episode of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Recently, the actress recurred in Charmed on The CW and had a role in Netflix’s teen slasher film There’s Someone Inside Your House.
Jennifer Tong is best known for playing Su in Netflix’s short-lived teen drama Grand Army. She also starred in the Facebook Watch series Sacred Lies, playing Tracy in the show’s first season. You might also recognize Tong from DC’s Legends of Tomorrow or Motherland: Fort Salem.
The other main character in the series is Tryst, played by Richard Harmon. Harmon is probably most recognizable from his role as John Murphy on The 100. He also appeared in The Age of Adaline, I Still See You, Kung Fu, Continuum, Bates Motel, and more.
Check out the summarized cast list for Fakes below:
- Emilija Baranac (To All the Boys trilogy, Riverdale) as Zoe Christensen
- Jennifer Tong (Grand Army, Sacred Lies) as Rebecca Li
- Richard Harmon (The 100, Bates Motel) as Tryst
- Eric Bempong (Snowpiercer, The 100) as Ken
- Mya Lowe (Yellowjackets, The Imperfects) as Sophie
- Matreya Scarrwener (Once Upon a Time, Strange Empire) as Sally
- Debbie Podowski (Love Hard, The Flash) as Margot
- Toby Hargrave (Altered Carbon, Superman & Lois) as Larry
- Roraigh Falkner (The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers) as Sam
- Maddy Hillis (Project Blue Book, Supernatural) as Taylor
- Tarun Keram (The Stand, Supernatural) as Bobby
Fakes season 1 starts streaming this Friday, Sept. 2, on Netflix.